(Disclaimer: I received a FREE copy of this product through the HOMESCHOOL REVIEW CREW in exchange for my honest review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way.)
Because we’ve never had the opportunity to use the Dave Stotts and Drive Thru History® Adventures, we were super excited to receive the upcoming course “Bible Unearthed” to review.
Bible Unearthed is a 12 week course, with one adventure completed in each week.
- Episode 1: What is Archaeology? This lesson teaches what Archaeology is, various focuses within it and how it is done.
- Episode 2: The Impact of Archaeology. ( Why is it important?)
- Episode 3: Locationg Archaeological Sites ( Using Geography, for example)
- Episode 4: The Life of an Archaeologist ( What does he/she do in their day? and what DON’T they do?)
- Episode 5: What’s Being Discovered Today? Over the past several years, a number of finds have corrolated with information in The Holy Bible.
- Episode 6: Archaeological Mysteries ( How Archaeological mysteries related to The Bible are being discovered and solved )
- Episode 7: Top Discoveries in Bible Archaeology ( Incredible finds over about the past 150 years which are related to The Bible )
- Episode 8: Getting Involved With Archaeology ( How to get involved with archaeological work )
- Episode 9: Trends in Archaeology ( Using new technology )
- Episode 10: Weird Archaeology ( discoveries in archaeology that are legitimate and weird. They are unexplained or just outright strange. )
- Episode 11: Accidental Discoveries in Archaeology ( incredible finds discovered not by a professional archaeologists as the result of archaeological projects, but all were accidentally discovered.)
- Episode 12: What’s Left to be Discovered? ( find out why there are sites not being dug into, etc )
For each lesson there is a video episode, a guide and worksheet, an answer guide and Dig Deeper articles. There are also activities to do in many of the lessons.
This is a self pacing course, therefore each family can use it in whatever way works best for them.
A suggested schedule is:
Monday: Watch the episode and read the written exposition/breakout materials.
Watching one of the video adventures on the laptop:
Tuesday: Complete the optional activity, if there is one.
Wednesday: Read the Dig Deeper articles, and/or conduct outside research.
Thursday: Re-watch the episode, while reviewing the written materials.
Friday: Complete the worksheet with short answers, and compare to the answer guide.
Here, you see an example of a couple things you will find sprinkled throughout the lessons:
The course ‘Bible Unearthed” from Drive Thru History® Adventures is very engaging! The video adventures are fun to watch and learn from. We will definitely be looking at learning from other Drive Thru History® Adventures in the future!
I’d love for you to go here and read the fair and honest reviews of 83 other Review Crew families!
As always, I would just love it if you would join me in all of “My Journeys Through Life.” Just go to the subscription box at the top of the blog and enter your email information. After that, you will always know when there is something new happening. I hope to see you here very soon! -)