Disclosure: I received this complimentary product through the Homeschool Review Crew.
I wanted to be sure my son “The Artist” cemented his knowledge of multiplication facts, so I wanted to try Accelerated Individualized Mastery (AIM) for Multiplication with a Bridge to Division from Math-U-See.
We received everything in this box:
Upon opening, we found the following:
- Resource Guide
- Online videos and materials
- Blocks (integer blocks)
- Math Facts Strategy Posters
“The Artist,” as it turned out, really did know most of his multiplication facts, but this curriculum did help him to be sure he had ALL of them. The scope and sequence for this curriculum is:
- The Manipulatives
- Rectangles, Factors, and Product
- Doubles and The Commutative Property of Multiplication
- Tens Facts:Increase Place Value by One Place
- Fives Facts: Use the tens fact, Find Half the Product
- Nines Facts: Use the Tens Fact, Subtract One Group
- Multiplication by 4: Doubles, Doubles
- Multiplication by 6: Use the Fives Fact, Add One More Group
- Extras, Facts Known, and The Distributive Property
- Solve for an Unknown
- Introduction To Division
“The Artist” really liked the manipulatives for building the multiplication facts as he went along.
The process in the lessons is as follows:
- Give your student the Before AIM Assessment
- Watch the video on how to teach the fact family for the lesson, and read the resource guide for that lesson
- Session A: Present Lesson Instruction
- Session B: Demonstrate Understanding
- Session C: Transition Math Facts to Visual Memory
- Session D: Assess for Mastery
Once you have followed the steps in Session D enough times to verify the student has mastered the facts using the fact check cards a minimum of three times and filling in the three stars on each card, the student may move on to the next lesson.
When assesing for mastery, you are using the fact check cards for that lesson. filling in one star at a time on each card until all three stars are filled in from repeating this step as many times as needed. At that point, you may move on to the next lesson.
We definitely liked the digital componant of this curriculum! With this, we have the lesson videos, the lesson pages, solutions, activities, and digital resources such as:
- Online Drill
- Worksheet Generator
- Digital Manipulatives
- Multiplication Facts Mastery Chart
With the addition of the digital resources, you have just about everything you need! I will admit to wishing that the color pencils which match the block colors had also been included in this pack. Fortunately, we had kept everything together in the package we received when my other son “The Batman” reviewed the AIM Addition and Subtraction curriculum, and pulled the pencils which came with it. You can read that review here.
I do wholeheartedly recommend the curriculum Accelerated Individualized Mastery (AIM) for Multiplication with a Bridge to Division and if you want your students to really learn their multiplication facts, I think you will find it to your liking as well!
To find out even more, please check out the following:
Please don’t just take my word for it though. To check out what 24 other review families think of this curriculum, please go here.
As always, I would just love it if you would join me in all of “My Journeys Through Life.” Just go to the subscription box at the top of the blog and enter your email information. After that, you will always know when there is something new happening. I hope to see you here very soon! -)