(Disclaimer: I received a FREE copy of this product through the HOMESCHOOL REVIEW CREW in exchange for my honest review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way.)
If you favor a relaxed homeschool science approach, you’ll want to check out NaturGlo’s eScience MathArt & Science Course Bundle from NatureGlo’s eScience like my son “The Artist” has been doing!
Given that we are a very relaxed homeschooling family, I had the feeling that this program would work well for us, and it does not disappoint. I have simply been letting my son choose what he wanted to learn about, and then jump in and go for it!
Here is what it looks like when he is inside the program, doing a lesson.
His favorites so far have been in the catagory of Natural Science, focusing on Herpotology. He has done a unit on the Komodo Dragon, and is working his way through a six week course called Herps.
The Komodo Dragon Unit contains these topics:
- 10 Amazing facts about Komodo Dragons
- History connection
- Geography connection – Indonesian Islands
- Art Connection – how to draw a Komodo Dragon
- Liturature Connection – Indonesian Tale from the lands of the Komodo – Too-too-moo and the Giant
- Creative Writing – your version of Too-too-moo and the Giant
Here is a drawing of a Komodo Dragon that “The Artist” did for Art:
For Creative Writing, “The Artist” did his version of the story which was in the Liturature section:
Herps contains units on:
- Reptiles – Amphibians – The Anura: Frogs and Toads
- Reptiles – Dwarf Geckos & Chameleons
- Reptiles: Lizards – The Geckos
- Amphibians: The Giant Salamanders
- Reptiles: The Testudines: Turtles Overview
- Marine Reptiles: The Marine Turtles
Here is “The Artist’s” line drawing of a Chameleon for Art
Upon completing sections of a course, the student receives digital achievements. Here are some that “The Artist” had earned at the time I took the following picture:
There is so much more that I want to either have my son do, or do for myself!
I would like to go through MathArt: Patterns & Shapes in Nature.
The lessons are:
- Main Lesson Downloads & Introduction to Patterns and Shapes in Nature Pre-lesson Activity
- Main Lesson Video with NatureGlo
- Fractal Explorer – Online Interactive Art Design Tool
- Video & Patterns in Nature Treasure Hunt
I REALLY want to take a look at The Geometric Beauty of Snowflakes!
We live in a desert state now, but we were all born and raised in Michigan, and lived with snow every year! This class has the following:
- The Geometric Beauty of Snowflakes Main Lesson Slideshow Download with Activity Guide
- Prezi – Snowflakes and Geometry by Allison Kelley
- Activity – It’s Snowing Angles!
- Going Beyond – Videos, Web Resources and Projects & Activities
- Snowflake Growth and Symmetry
- Wilson Bentley, the Snowflake Man (1865 – 1931)
Another course I’d like to get into is Polygons & Patterns in Nature.
Lessons in this course are:
- Outdoor Nature Challenge-Finding Polygons and Polyhedra in Your Backyard
- Math Connection: Interactive Polygons
- Math Connections: Interactive Polyhedra – Right Rectangular Prism
- Math Connection: Video (22:15) Every Strictly-Convex Deltahedron
- Art Connection: Video (3:13) Seda Saar: Polyhedron: Art + Reality Are One
- Literature Connection – Triangle Trouble Poem and Rogie in the Land of Polygons
- History Connection – Video (4:04) – Kepler’s Model
- Student Project – Art Connection: Fold an Ancient Chinese Dice
- The 13 Archimedean Solids
I am a lot more interested in the courses that I just listed, while my son absolutely loves Natural Science. I know he will continue on his way through all of the science courses available.
I would love to have you check out what other Review Crew members are saying about NatureGlo’s eScience! Just go here to check them out!
As always, I would just love it if you would join me in all of “My Journeys Through Life.” Just go to the subscription box at the top of the blog and enter your email information. After that, you will always know when there is something new happening. I hope to see you here very soon! -)